Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Who Will Buy Apple's Shiny New Mac Pro?

Re: Who Will Buy Apple's Shiny New Mac Pro?
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2013-06-13 06:06:10
See Full Story

In an attempt to revive its flagging reputation for introducing innovative products, Apple unveiled a new Mac Pro at its World Wide Developers Conference, being held in San Francisco this week. "Can't innovate any more, my ass," said SVP of Product Marketing Phil Schiller as the Mac Pro made its debut. The futuristic-looking black cylindrical device stands less than 10 inches tall and offers 7 TFlops of computing power using state-of-the-art technology.
Still, it can't be said that the Mac Pro was a showstopper.

Posted by: MacPhyle 2013-06-27 20:26:08 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I will absolutely buy the new Mac Pro. I'm a pro user working from home, and I've been waiting for this machine for quite a while. The power of a Mac Pro in a small package - perfect for my home office's small space!

Posted by: ComedyGuy 2013-06-13 14:38:47 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
The lack of expandability is a problem? Good grief..... That's like saying the new Mac Pro is a flop because it doesn't have a display.

Just because additional drives and devices don't fit INSIDE the box doesn't mean it isn't expandable. It is infinitely expandable through super fast interfaces.

I expect to add a couple of nice 4K displays and a bank of drives for my video work. Expansion is the last worry of the educated Mac Pro consumer.

Posted by: sambob 2013-06-13 06:41:41 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
OH...look, It's the Mac Mini ver 2.0, and judging from It's shape and size just as upgradeable(sigh).
I'm just not a fan of ultra small desktops like this, never could think of a "real" use for one considering the limitations.
I'm sure a lot of people will be "this Is perfect".
Just not me
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.