Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple and Samsung: Bad Blood Gets Badder

Re: Apple and Samsung: Bad Blood Gets Badder
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2012-04-04 09:24:28
See Full Story

The smartphone war is often depicted as a battle between iOS and a world of Android phonemakers, but a report released this week suggests that in terms of profit, Apple really has one main challenger -- Samsung. The South Korean manufacturer and Apple together account for 95 percent of the Q4 2011 profit in the handset industry, according to a report from Canaccord Genuity. Apple accounted for 80 percent of the industry's profit in that time frame, outselling all other smartphones combined at AT&T and Sprint, the report states.

Re: Apple and Samsung: Bad Blood Gets Badder
Posted by: macbrewer 2012-04-04 14:29:04 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
Can we stop referring to the fanciful 'Android Army' and call them what they really are? Nerds, haters or misguided cheapskates, take your pick.

Android is more like Cub Scouts, except cub scouts have an honor code and don't steal other's IP.

Samsung is the worst offender, making their copy cat hardware look as much as possible like iPhone or iPad. Try doing something original, Samsung.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.