Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: OS X Mountain Lion: 7 Out of 10 Ain't Bad

Re: OS X Mountain Lion: 7 Out of 10 Ain't Bad
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2012-02-23 06:49:42
See Full Story

Not long after I expressed my irritation and desire for a converged iOS and Mac OS X experience, Apple announced its OS X Mountain Lion sneak peek. I claim no influence over Apple, of course, just the fact that OS X Mountain Lion is bridging the rift between iOS and Mac OS X. Of the 10 major new sneak-peek features revealed by Apple, seven are freaking awesome. The other three? Eh, whatever. Maybe. But these seven already have me drooling for OS X Mountain Lion, which won't arrive until late this summer.

Good point
Posted by: CMaxcer 2012-02-23 19:47:50 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
That's a good point about device integration and syncing . . . I'm an iPhone and iPad user, so it's not something I think about much. But if, for example, I _had_ to have an Android or Windows phone (or wanted one <g>) . . . man, I would be irritated if it was a pain to sync everything.

Thanks for bringing that up . . . I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.

Best,

--Chris

Not impressed myself with Mountain Lion
Posted by: jescott418 2012-02-23 14:24:51 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
After testing it for a week now. I can say that Mountain lion is basically for those that embrace a Apple ecosystem and have multiple Apple devices they need to sync information on. Because in reality Mountain Lion is not much more then that. I myself never liked Apple for leaving out those Mac users who have other devices. Me for example have a Windows phone and use a third party for cloud backup. You would think that Apple would finally see the advantage of opening up their ecosystem and to acknowledge that not everybody wants to tie themselves to Apple.
I was sorry to see that Twitter was integrated but Facebook was not? For me I just cannot find anything that WOW's me about Mountain Lion. Its not that its bad and yet I see just more Apps changing names and doing more integration with other Apple devices. Its really getting to the point that to use Apple products you have to use all Apple products. That to me is just too restrictive.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.