Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple's Dynamic Tension

Re: Apple's Dynamic Tension
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2012-02-01 10:57:28
See Full Story

A week after Apple revealed record-breaking sales numbers that drove its value to new heights, the company's fans were shown a bleaker image of Cupertino in a recently published news series. The iEconomy series paints a picture of harsh working conditions in some overseas facilities that manufacture Apple products, including brutally long hours, unhealthy living and working spaces and ultimately worker suicides. Since the story broke, human rights activists have advocated increased awareness of foreign labor conditions.

Samsung's Dynamic Tension
Posted by: erann 2012-02-01 11:07:09 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
I am much more worried about Samsung's working conditions and the fact that MacNewsWorld ruthlessly ignores them. Samsung is famous for causing leukemia and other nasty slowly and painfully killing diseases to its workers.

Just try googling:
samsung toxic
samsung cancer
samsung brain tumor
samsung leukemia
samsung suicide
samsung working conditions
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.