Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iOS and OS X: Time for Some Real Convergence

Re: iOS and OS X: Time for Some Real Convergence
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2012-01-26 05:32:27
See Full Story

Lately I've found myself more frequently irritated and dissatisfied with my Mac than ever before. This is a weird feeling, made all the more powerful by the fact that Mac OS X Lion is the most useful operating system ever. With a simple two-fingered swipe on my Magic Mouse, I can flick my entire screen to a whole new desktop view, and with a swipe in the other direction, go back. This feature alone is freakishly powerful for people who have a lot of different kinds of content on their Macs.

iOS apps on MacOS
Posted by: MitchH 2012-01-26 16:38:57 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
It is possible to run iOS apps on MacOS with iOS Simulator (for devs anyway). Maybe the answer is to integrate Simulator into MacOS for consumers?

Short of that, I would be happy to at least have a MacOS version of iBook. I have an iPhone and a 13" MBP, and it is a crying shame that we can't read iBooks on a Mac. (Ironically, there is a Kindle app and Nook app for MacOS so I can read their ebooks and open source ebooks on Mac).

Yawn
Posted by: Hugmup 2012-01-26 05:37:55 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
iOS can remind me to buy groceries when I'm near the grocery store, the Mac cannot. I don't carry my Mac with me in my pocket everywhere I go, so OS X does not need this feature.

Aside from a few details here and there, this is a nonissue for me.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.