Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: An iPad Lover Plays With Fire, Part 2

Re: An iPad Lover Plays With Fire, Part 2
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2011-11-29 16:05:55
See Full Story

As a happy iPad owner, I've been messing around with a Kindle Fire, and for the most part, I like what I'm experiencing. The Kindle Fire is a solid tablet with a generally pleasing interface. While it doesn't compare to an iPad in a real direct way -- apples to apples, oranges to oranges -- it's a tablet, and more importantly, it has the potential to capture the hearts and minds of at least some Apple-loving users. Why? While it doesn't do all of what an iPad 2 can do, it does do at least half of it -- media consumption -- pretty darn well.

If primarily content consumption, the Fire is hot
Posted by: CMaxcer 2011-12-04 18:37:22 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I hear you. If your primary intent is to watch movies, TV shows, and read books, with a little web browsing and light email with an app or two on the side, the Kindle Fire is pretty darn good. For heavy app usage, plowing through email, working with files, and doing a lot of work, action, and playing, the iPad 2 is a lot more tablet, that's for sure. And I like how it integrates with the rest of my Apple ecosystem - home movies, photos, my library, etc.

Having Kindle Fire remorse?
Posted by: jescott418 2011-11-29 16:08:50 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
As a iPad one owner. I do have some remorse that I spent $500 on a tablet. I think the Fire or the Nook Color do much of what the iPad does for half the price or less. I think other then Apple fans most people would find the Fire a very decent Tablet with a very good eco system from Amazon.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.