Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Fire in the Sky: iPhone Ignites on Australian Flight

Re: Fire in the Sky: iPhone Ignites on Australian Flight
Posted by: Rachelle Dragani 2011-11-29 13:26:49
See Full Story

An Apple iPhone 4 began emitting smoke and appeared to spontaneously combust on a recent Regional Express flight to Sydney, Australia. The phone was emitting a significant amount of dense smoke, accompanied by a red glow, according to Regional Express. Standard safety procedures were followed and no one on board was injured. The phone was handed over to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau for further investigation. No such incident had happened on a Regional Express flight before, a spokesperson for the airline said.

New airline tech?
Posted by: akcoyote 2011-11-29 13:43:28 In reply to: Rachelle Dragani
Have to speculate that the airlines have found a way to enforce the rules about cell phone use.

1 - They announce the policy;
2 - Ask you politely to turn it off;
3 - If you fail to respond they set it on fire.....

A modern day equivalent of a 'hot foot'.

Just kidding, but what a great new 'conspiracy theory'!
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.