Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Siri's Service Stutters Spark Strife

Re: Siri's Service Stutters Spark Strife
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-11-05 06:11:05
See Full Story

Siri, the voice-activated virtual personal assistant that's enamored owners of the iPhone 4S since the device was launched in October, has been hit by another service outage. Users began posting complaints about the latest outage to the Twitter Siri page on Wednesday, saying they couldn't get Siri to respond to voice commands because it couldn't connect to the network. Siri connects to Apple's servers to process requests, and there's been speculation that perhaps the servers were overwhelmed by the unexpectedly high volume of traffic coming from Siri users.

Cry me a river Apple fans
Posted by: jescott418 2011-11-05 06:13:52 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Ok Apple fans Siri is a Beta App and Apple admits to that. My only gripe against Apple is that they pushed Siri as a App in IOS 5. If its truly a beta why include it in a final release update? People should be used to Apple's new services flubs. Does anyone not remember Mobile Me?
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.