Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Pet Peeves of a Longtime Apple Fan

Re: The Pet Peeves of a Longtime Apple Fan
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2011-09-22 05:30:31
See Full Story

While Apple flirts with being Wall Street's most valuable company, it's clear that the organization has been doing something right -- actually, a helluva lot of things right. And not only right, but far better than the competition. Consider its product lines, which usually have superior user experiences built into every facet, starting with their packaging and ending with internals that most people never see. Before the products ever get to customers, Apple has managed to become an extraordinarily savvy supply chain force.

iTunes Wish List
Posted by: SolarSaves 2011-09-23 09:48:48 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
To track and evaluate apps that I am interested I use appshopper dot com, where you can tag apps that you are interested in and they will send you an email when they fall in price. You can view apps by kind, or recently updated, they'll track apps that you own and want. They also have an app with all of the same info. When I read of an app that interests me, I'll go to appshopper and click on the Want It box and then I can check my Wish List tab and be notified when the price drops... Very usefull!

Easily See Available HD Space
Posted by: CMaxcer 2011-09-22 07:53:12 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
A gracious reader emailed a tip on how to make the status bar at the bottom of folder windows in the Finder reappear in Lion -- forget preferences and right-clicking, btw. Just open up any folder in your Finder, then select the View drop down menu to get to "Show Status Bar." Nice. The command key and forward slash will make it appear or disappear, too.

I guess this is Apple's way of streamlining the population. Those who need the feature freak out -- while the masses forget it ever existed. I guess it's better than adding more and more information to everything until it's nigh unintelligible.

--Chris

Totally agree
Posted by: billre 2011-09-22 07:42:13 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I too am a long time apple fan, but ya there are those little things that drive you crazy, another one is , again in iTunes sending a link to a friend- why the hell is this not linked to your address book!
-thanks for letting me vent :-)
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.