Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Windows 8 on Tablets: Impressive Now, but Ask Me Again in 2012

Re: Windows 8 on Tablets: Impressive Now, but Ask Me Again in 2012
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2011-09-15 08:03:39
See Full Story

As a diehard Apple fan, it will take an absolutely astounding device to dislodge me from my Mac, iPad, and iPhone. And yet, the Windows 8 operating system for both tablets and PCs that Microsoft has been showing off this week has caught my attention. Windows 8 on a tablet has some features I would like to see available on my iPad -- seriously -- even though the Samsung Windows 8 prototype device that Microsoft has been handing out is a long way from being an option, much less a mobile competitor.

MS Windows 8 isn't that astounding
Posted by: DannoBonano 2011-09-15 16:09:17 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Desktop OS skinned for a tablet.

Chris, sounds like you will want the MBA set to come out with the Apple chip in it. Rumors suggest 24 hours of battery life. Not sure it will have a touch screen.

Regardless, Apple will be merging OS X and iOS so apps are all universal.

By the way, if so inclined, there are a lot of iPad cases with keyboards for heavy typing. Personally, I can chunk off a pretty big report on the iPad but sometimes you just need a keyboard.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.