Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Taming the Lion: A Week With Apple's Latest Mac OS X

Re: Taming the Lion: A Week With Apple's Latest Mac OS X
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2011-08-04 07:55:41
See Full Story

I'll admit, for a few hours, especially when TextEdit and Preview were crashing upon launch and I was having trouble adjusting to the new "unnatural" direction of mousing, I thought I had made a terrible mistake upgrading to Mac OS X Lion on launch day. How was I going to get any work done? With 250 new features, Lion offers a solid upgrade, especially when you consider the price is just $29.99. Of the 250 new features, though, there's a handful that have the potential to impact the everyday use of your Mac, as well as propel you into a new touch-focused Apple future.

I just turned off some of it
Posted by: jescott418 2011-08-04 08:02:18 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Lion does run faster than Snow Leopard on my MacBook Air. But I turned off the scrolling reverse feature which wants me to think of my notebook as a iPad. Who really wants to retrain? Most of what Lion offers is eye candy and new features that try to impress as to why Apple has such a huge Touchpad. But for people who have older notebooks and desktops, which like my daughter's White Macbook whose touchpad does not support multi touch gestures, Lion is a waste of money. These features Apple has added are definitely over sold and not really going to help you do work better. They are indeed a Wow factor addition and do not improve what was never really broke. Luckily if you do install Lion and hate many of what Apple has done, you can find ways to change them back to what you are familiar with. Too bad it will take some effort on the users part to do it.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.