Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Security Wonks Urge iPhoners to Patch 'Em Up

Re: Security Wonks Urge iPhoners to Patch 'Em Up
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-08-03 08:08:10
See Full Story

The iOS vulnerability for which Apple issued a security patch on July 25 is very severe, according to security experts who are warning iOS device users to apply that patch as soon as possible. The vulnerability lies in a failure to validate SSL certificates correctly. That lets hackers use a tool called "sslsniff" to take over victims' iOS devices by using fake certificates. Apple's patch is for iOS 3.0 through 4.3.4 for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 GSM -- meaning the AT&T iPhone, iOS 3.1 through 4.3.4 for the third-gen iPod touch and later, and iOS 3.2 through 4.3.4 for the iPad.

The threats are known...
Posted by: bennyroberts 2011-08-03 08:11:33 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
...but are the solutions?

Read about what Fiberlink's mobile device management platform can do for you to automatically monitor, detect and remediate your vulnerable iOS devices: http://bit.ly/o5jkUL
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.