Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: When Your iPhone Falls in the Toilet, a Beer Mug or Pile of Snow

Re: When Your iPhone Falls in the Toilet, a Beer Mug or Pile of Snow
Posted by: Jesse Herman 2011-05-03 11:58:54
See Full Story

If you have gotten your smartphone really wet, odds are it is not functioning properly. The initial steps for an eventual water damage repair are vital and consist of taking out the SIM card and battery immediately and letting them dry out. Most important, when the phone is wet, you don't want to turn it on or leave it on at all. If it is off, the only threat is rust. Rust can be repaired. Ultrasonic technology and other methods give phones the best possibility for repair. A big myth is that rice is the preferred method for drying a wet phone. While it may help, rice can get into the phone and be messy.

Intel IT offers additional tips for recovering from water damage
Posted by: Janet_G_at_Intel 2011-05-05 14:01:28 In reply to: Jesse Herman
Intel IT offers several additional tips for steps you can take if you get water damage to your handheld device or laptop. Read our IT@Intel Technology Tip here http://bit.ly/m1P6j6
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.