Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Steve Jobs Waves Off Radiation-Detecting App

Re: Steve Jobs Waves Off Radiation-Detecting App
Posted by: Mike Martin 2011-03-25 05:58:42
See Full Story

An app that detects non-ionizing radiation and could answer questions about mobile phones and cancer risk is caught between a curt two-word rejection from Apple CEO Steve Jobs and Japan's ongoing nuclear radiation crisis. Israeli app maker "Tawkon is a start up that has been working for the last 20 months on a patent pending mobile application that allows users to see the level of radiation they are exposed to from their mobile phone," founder and CEO Gil Friedlander emailed Jobs last August. "No interest," Jobs wrote -- but despite his dismissal, Tawkon just released the app for jailbroken iPhones on Cydia.

Non-ionizing radiation
Posted by: The_Flash 2011-03-25 12:38:45 In reply to: Mike Martin
Steve Jobs got it right! "Non-ionizing radiation" refers to the whole electromagnetic spectrum from zero hertz to somewhere in the ultra-violet. There is currently no known way to measure the levels of all present non-ionizing radiation with a device the size of an iPhone. Furthermore, there are no established safety standards for most frequencies. For example, an intense laser beam can do much more biological damage than an intense beam of ordinary red light. I would like to know what the Tawkon device measures.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.