Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: iPad 2: The Only Thing Missing Is the Buy Now Button

Re: iPad 2: The Only Thing Missing Is the Buy Now Button
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2011-03-03 09:55:32
See Full Story

Over the last year, I've been an iPad holdout. If you already have an iPhone and a MacBook, do you really need an iPad, too? Need is a relative term, of course, so let's use want instead. With Apple's introduction of the iPad 2 Wednesday, I now want an iPad 2. My reservations have been swiped away, and the only thing standing between me and a shiny new iPad 2 is an absent Buy Now button on Apple's online store. March 11 is the date Apple will start taking orders, and you can bet the company's website will be hammered, and for good reason.

Can iPad 2 Interface with a Printer?
Posted by: jeanie1951 2011-03-03 12:54:16 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Also an iPad holdout, I want to know if I can print from the iPad 2? Most documents I create, I need hard copies of, so until I can print from an iPad, I'll continue to hold out.

Post-PC Device?
Posted by: ljlynch 2011-03-03 09:59:40 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
If Apple is calling this a post-PC device, does that mean I can take it out of the box, turn it on and start using it? That was my biggest surprise when I got my iPad - it wouldn't do anything until I docked it to a parent computer. It's hardly post-PC if it is dependent on another computer for some of its functionality. I had a similar experience when I went to test out Keynote. Both experiences were pretty baffling to me!
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.