Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Subscribes to Danger

Re: Apple Subscribes to Danger
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2011-02-16 15:38:04
See Full Story

Apple has added a new revenue channel for iOS app developers, but as always, Cupertino was careful to make sure it gets its own slice of the pie. Apple's new in-app subscription service allows publishers of various types of content to deliver new content to customers on a regular basis for a recurring fee. However, if a publisher sells a digital subscription separately outside of the app, the same subscription offer must be made available, at the same price or less, within the app. If a subscription's sold within the app, Apple gets a cut of the action.

And Pubisher's Clearing House got what %?
Posted by: NotTellinYou 2011-02-16 16:13:18 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I'll keep posting this until the silliness stops! Publisher's Clearing House got 74-90% of the subscription sales! 74-90% for printing a mailing! Let's move on...

Ugh
Posted by: JoeConsumer1 2011-02-17 06:52:55 In reply to: NotTellinYou
HORRRIBLE ANALOGY!! Just ridiculous. Wouldn't even know where to start... Maybe I should try a hamburger-analogy just to show your comment was totally irrelevant.

Uh, PCH with its printing costs HAD no competition. Heard of ANDROID my friend? It's RIGHT BEHIND YA!
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.