Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Verizon Puts Throttling Plan in Place Ahead of iPhone Rush

Re: Verizon Puts Throttling Plan in Place Ahead of iPhone Rush
Posted by: Rob Spiegel 2011-02-04 05:23:14
See Full Story

Verizon is taking pre-orders for the iPhone 4, which launches on February 10, and it has announced some network changes designed to help prepare for the influx of activity it expects. They involve optimization and transcoding techniques. Under the new plan, files will undergo additional compression, less data will be cached, and videos will be resized. This change, which affects all data users, may minimally impact the appearance of videos on the device, Verizon said. Also, the heaviest 5 percent of unlimited data users will be throttled.

Verizon Vs Apple
Posted by: rajz2011 2011-02-04 19:03:45 In reply to: Rob Spiegel
Verizon, the much awaited phone services finally launched and within 24 hours the no. of bookings have crossed the expectations. AT& T must therefore have to counter this move by Verizon in order to sustain in the market. Much would be the ATRIX 4G but the company has to introduce it much before they planned for.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.