Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Chinese Environmentalists Dump on Apple

Re: Chinese Environmentalists Dump on Apple
Posted by: Mike Martin 2011-01-21 07:52:35
See Full Story

Three dozen Chinese environmental groups are accusing Apple of failing to address worker safety and pollution concerns, sending the firm toppling to the bottom of a list ranking 29 multinational technology companies. Apple seemed "totally complacent and unresponsive," said Ma Jun, director of the Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs, the main author of the report. The groups ranked companies from Apple to Vodafone on how they dealt with pollution concerns and occupational health hazards at factories.

Apple poisons Chinese
Posted by: hembreeder 2011-01-21 07:57:32 In reply to: Mike Martin
Great story. But the moment you go to Rob Enderle for a comment, you lose all credibility. Most people who keep up with the tech world, particularly those of us who invest, recognize that he is a hack who will say whatever brings him the most money.

If I had listened to him over the years, I would be more than $1.2 million poorer right now. He has no understanding whatever concerning tech. Don't believe me? Do a search of his comments on Apple over time. He's been wrong almost every time, hundreds of times. He's right, of course, when the pronouncements are obvious and after-the-fact.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.