Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Lights, Camera, Capture Is a Shutterbug's Delight

Re: Lights, Camera, Capture Is a Shutterbug's Delight
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2010-12-06 11:22:02
See Full Story

If you want to see the future of books, take a look at Lights, Camera, Capture for the iPad. You won't find the volume in the Apple bookstore. That's because the book is being sold as an app. Some publishers have taken their wares for the iPad to the App Store so they can charge more for what's not much more than type adorned by pictures. That's not the case with Lights, Camera, Capture . The book on using lighting in digital photography is a rich mix of media that's expertly integrated into an arresting package.

More examples of multimedia digital books
Posted by: doja 2010-12-12 09:08:01 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
It seems clear to me that the future of publishing lies in multimedia digital publications that incorporate videos, animations, and Web links. To see where this is headed, try the browser-based samples listed below.

A best-selling multimedia computer textbook published by Course Technology/Cengage:
http://www.bookonpublish.com/pub/np2011sT/index.asp

A non-fiction historical book with numerous Web links and video clips:
http://www.mediatechnicscorp.com/pub/ohbobasp/BookOnBrowser.html

A multimedia digital publishing system:
www.bookonpublish.com

Future of eBooks
Posted by: akcoyote 2010-12-06 11:34:55 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Lights, Camera, Capture is an excellent signpost to the future of 'information' eBooks, perhaps most non-fiction titles.

I can just see most any Stephen E. Ambrose title on WW2 with film, animated maps, photos organized into slide shows, etc. illustrating it.

Plus 'Lights' is another outstanding 'justification' for my iPad.

Remember, the iPad may not be a computer, but it sure is useful and fun!
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.