Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Pulls Out the Stops, Racks Up the Sales

Re: Apple Pulls Out the Stops, Racks Up the Sales
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-12-01 06:24:38
See Full Story

Black Friday saw Apple's cash register ringing almost continuously, and the company later offered various deals for Cyber Monday in an attempt to maximize earnings during the holiday sales period. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster reportedly told investors that on average, each Apple store sold 8.8 iPads per hour. Mac sales had slowed, however, totaling about 8.2 per store per hour, compared to 8.3 last year and 13 in 2008. However, it's too early to say whether or not Mac sales are drying up.

Apple seeling but what about profits?
Posted by: jescott418 2010-12-01 06:28:28 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
We all know Apple will sell products. But if all they are really selling is iPads their profit margins will suffer. I personally think the iPad is actually hurting Apple because those that may have bought a Macbook may indeed buy a iPad instead. This is just about the same thing that happened to the PC side with the Netbook. But the good news with the Netbooks have been lousy performance which has led to buyer's going to the iPad or back to a Notebook.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.