Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple's $51 Billion Question

Re: Apple's $51 Billion Question
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-10-27 07:18:17
See Full Story

Apple has announced that it's teaming up with Unisys to go after markets serving United States government agencies and enterprises. Unisys, long a supplier of computer hardware, software and services to these markets, may just have the clout to help Apple broaden its market beyond its consumer base. Meanwhile, speculation is rife as to what Apple will do with the $51 billion in cash and convertible assets it's sitting on. The latest rumor had it looking to purchase Sony. This week has also brought some less welcome news to Cupertino.

Quoting Rob Enderle? Are you kidding?
Posted by: realitybites 2010-10-27 07:28:37 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Quoting Rob Enderle is tantamount to a fail.
He's never right... never, ever right.

Apple does not have to spend any of their money, no one is clammoring for it except Toni Sacconaghi and he's another one that is pretty much wrong about all of his Apple pronouncements. The "rumor" about Sony was just stupid, repeated by bloggers with no direct knowledge or even a good insight into what Apple is all about. Why Sony? Their market presence? Their technology? Please...

Homework and insight into the company is key to writing about companies like Apple and not sounding like you don't know anything.
Proofwriting for stupid concepts and "insights" that make no sense would be nice too.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.