Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Gather Ye Apples While Ye May

Re: Gather Ye Apples While Ye May
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-10-13 09:47:05
See Full Story

Despite a plethora of seemingly bad news, investors and analysts continue to have faith in Apple. To sum up the high points of the bad news: Tons of competition, especially from Android; publishers appear to be flocking to the new Samsung Galaxy tablet and looking at other alternatives to the iPad; and Microsoft has unveiled its WinPho 7 smartphone lineup to chirps of joy from those who've seen or handled the devices. On the positive side: The Google apps market may be fracturing, and one-third of high school students plan to make the iPhone their next handset.

Whatever
Posted by: flashdrive 2010-10-13 21:22:16 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Give me a break. Apple hasn't been the first at any of this stuff - there were games on the old black-and-white Palm handhelds, and Windows Phone 7 is not a *new* competitor to apple, Windows Mobile has been around to fill that role for some time now, it's just been updated to something prettier.

No leafs were taken out of Apple's book for hardware standardization - Apple only has a single platform to deal with, as it has always been. MS *still* has multiple platforms to deal with, as it also always has been. The only change is that MS no longer supports the older hardware, just like it's done in the past with desktop platforms.

Alternative sources for applications are also not "cracks" in the android market - in fact it only increases viability of the product. It's a tried-and-true way of doing business and has been happening for years in all the major desktop platforms as well as mobile platforms prior to the "smartphone app store" idea.

As a matter of fact, it's not limited to Android - Palm also embraces this dogma by allowing and even encouraging developers and enthusiasts to extend their devices with self-labeled "home brew" applications.

Stop shoving "We're better just because we're Apple" garbage down the throats of your readers and release a real story with actual facts of how Apple is doing something to better the industry.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.