Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Glassgate Is a Problem for Apple, However You Cut It

Re: Glassgate Is a Problem for Apple, However You Cut It
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2010-10-08 13:59:54
See Full Story

Apple may be facing another design issue with the iPhone 4 -- or not. Apple engineers are trying to solve a potentially big problem, according to GDGT's Ryan Block. The use of slip-on cases made for the iPhone 4 can cause scratches on its glass back panel that eventually could lead to cracks and even shattering, Block reported, based on information he received from sources inside and outside of the company. Particles of debris can get caught between the rear of the phone and the case, causing the scratches that could eventually fracture the glass, he explained.

Apple too focused about design
Posted by: jescott418 2010-10-12 16:22:29 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Apple used to make some pretty durable products. But lately they seem more concerned about design. This first started for me when that NY Times ad appeared and the guy used a iPad to swat a fly. As we all know the glass in the iPad broke.
We all know different materials stress differently. Plastic cracks, Aluminum dents, and Glass breaks.

Nonsense
Posted by: martrinex 2010-10-10 09:56:56 In reply to: Erika Morphy
I love to bash apple and iPhone sheep phenomena as much as the next guy but seriously dust scratching the back of the phone which may potentially one day possibly maybe break the glass? give me a break.

Just the facts please…
Posted by: Aquia33 2010-10-08 14:16:28 In reply to: Erika Morphy
No mays, coulds, or potential to's. Facts make a story not this FUD.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.