Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: PlayBook Aims to Cut Off iPad at Enterprise Pass

Re: PlayBook Aims to Cut Off iPad at Enterprise Pass
Posted by: Sidney Hill 2010-09-28 16:25:15
See Full Story

RIM announced its entry into the tablet computer space on Monday with the introduction of the BlackBerry Playbook. The device, which comes with a 7-inch touchscreen and boasts extensive multimedia capabilities, is expected to be available for purchase in the U.S. in early 2011. At its unveiling, RIM President and Co-CEO Mike Lazaridis intimated that business users would be the PlayBook's target market, but he also went to great lengths to point out specific features of the PlayBook that are not available on the consumer-oriented Apple iPad, the current market leader.

also ran
Posted by: drpalmer 2010-09-29 07:54:56 In reply to: Sidney Hill
Oh boy, another also ran.

Coming soon to a store near you...sometime next spring.

Designed for the upward-bound executive who thought he had everything.

Suits with large pockets available now!

iPad win
Posted by: lemoon 2010-09-29 00:42:35 In reply to: Sidney Hill
iPad wins... even IF they make a 10" Playbook.
Maybe Playbook is more professional and can do a lot more things than the iPad can. But on the other hand, iPad is made by Apple and so 1. They will attract a lot more consumers. 2. They have TONS of developers to make apps. So many developers are live on Apple, such as iFunia, a Mac video converter tools manufacturer, what awesome is they have being a strong link chain in the tablet industry.
The consumer market will stick with the iPad for now and long time in the future...
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.