Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple, PayPal Dodge Questions About Ongoing iTunes Scam

Re: Apple, PayPal Dodge Questions About Ongoing iTunes Scam
Posted by: Sidney Hill 2010-08-26 07:27:32
See Full Story

A number of iTunes customers with PayPal accounts have fallen victim to a scam that apparently has been going on for some time. These customers know someone has been using their PayPal accounts to purchase items from the iTunes Store -- in some cases racking up thousands of dollars in fraudulent charges. What the victims don't know -- and may never find out -- is exactly how their accounts were compromised or what happened to their money. That's because neither Apple nor PayPal will talk about the situation.

This happened to me.
Posted by: Melisander 2010-08-26 07:34:05 In reply to: Sidney Hill
I have a paypal account, but have never bought itunes.

I bought a money coaching course online last December, and suddenly I was looking at my balance in my online bank statement and I started seeing all of these charges from iTunes. I called my bank the very next morning and they said they couldn't stop the charges. Over the next few days it turned out they stole $760 worth of my money. It was very upsetting. I blamed the company that I bought something from, I didn't even use paypal with that transaction.

Apparently this happens a LOT. I would recommend that people who have this issue immediately go to their bank and contest the charges. And pay cash whenever possible. Seriously.

M
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.