Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: How iTV Will Kill Cable: The Long, Slow Way

Re: How iTV Will Kill Cable: The Long, Slow Way
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2010-08-24 06:37:30
See Full Story

I'm a big fan of sunshine and the outdoors, but I'm anxiously awaiting September and the indoor tech gadget screen time it now represents to me. Why? Since Apple first introduced the iPad nano in September of 2005, the company has delivered a new iPod and some raging new features to its iTunes ecosystem around that time every year. Big announcements. This September will be no different. We'll inevitably see a cool new addition to the iPod lineup, most certainly an iPod touch with a built-in camera -- finally!

Price/performance/tiered plans and video reception
Posted by: jah_subs 2010-08-24 13:43:19 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
In my neighborhood, ATT DSL maxes out at 384 kbps. I can get Sprint 4G but if enough people use it then it too will get tiered pricing like AT&T and become cost ineffective. Which leaves Comcast.

In other words, the only "up-to-date" network with the capacity in my neighborhood is Comcast.

Maybe if I lived in Verizon FIOS territory there would be a competitive market, but not here.

Yeah Right?
Posted by: jescott418 2010-08-24 12:06:24 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
I can't remember when Kevin Rose was right about anything except when recommending a good beer. After this guy said Revision 3 would replace TV. The trouble with iTV right from the start not be the product itself. It will be the fact it will be so tied in with Apple that nobody but fan boys will want it. Because if you tie yourself to Apple's eco system what makes that any different then a cable company or a Satellite company? Sorry but I don't want a content product that puts Apple in charge of my content.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.