Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Blames Bar Bug for iPhone Reception Woes

Re: Apple Blames Bar Bug for iPhone Reception Woes
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-07-02 12:15:09
See Full Story

Apple stated on Friday that the reception problems many iPhone 4 users are complaining about are real -- and that they are caused by a faulty software algorithm. "We have discovered the cause of this dramatic drop in bars, and it is both simple and surprising," reads a statement from the company. "Upon investigation, we were stunned to find that the formula we use to calculate how many bars of signal strength to display is totally wrong." Apple is adopting AT&T's formula for calculating the number of bars that should be displayed to indicate signal strength.

So the truth will be disclosed?
Posted by: farmerbob 2010-07-06 12:07:38 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
Since Apple, all knowing and righteous, will fix this with a tweak in their software, we will now see how really bad AT&T service is. And the root problem will still exist, AT&T.

But Steve, what of the new physical antenna design that is being shown that if held in the left hand, and I happen to be left-handed, will the bar software fix this? Nope. Thought so.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.