Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Report: App Store Sees Puny Profitability

Re: Report: App Store Sees Puny Profitability
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2010-06-23 12:02:20
See Full Story

Apple's App Store is not the wildly profitable operation it might seem, but rather does just a little better than breaking even, according to a recent report. In fact, the App Store has accounted for just $189 million -- or about 1 percent -- of Apple's total gross profit since it launched almost two years ago, according to Piper Jaffray analysts Gene Munster, Michael Olson and Andrew Murphy, who released a report on the topic early Wednesday. Total gross profit during that time was $33.7 billion, the analysts noted.

App Stores
Posted by: jrnieto 2010-06-23 12:05:46 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
the App store is like Gillette but at inverse the objective is to sell i phones, i touch, etc. the more extensive of inventories you have the more smart machines you are going to sell, smart move by Steve.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.