Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Everyone Wants to Handle iPhone 4 - Except AT&T?

Re: Everyone Wants to Handle iPhone 4 - Except AT&T?
Posted by: ECT News Staff 2010-06-08 10:08:38
See Full Story

When CEO Steve Jobs had difficulty connecting Apple's brand spanking new iPhone 4 to the Internet for his demo at the Worldwide Developers Conference, someone in the audience called out, "try Verizon." What should have been a high moment for the iPhone 4 underscored one of its thorniest problems: AT&T's trouble handling all the traffic it generates. MacNewsWorld reporter Renay San Miguel discusses the network exclusivity issue, the iPhone's new enterprise-friendly features and more with Fox Business Network's David Asman and Liz Claman.

It was a WiFi and not an ATT issue
Posted by: Time Clock Software Guy 2010-06-08 13:57:35 In reply to: ECT News Staff
While I agree that AT&T exclusivity is a problem for Apple, the connections issue in Jobs keynote had nothing to do with an AT&T 3G cellular connection. Jobs responded to the Verison heckle by noting it was a WiFi connection issue, and asked users to help him out by getting off the WiFi connection.

I'd bet that an isolated, secure, wifi connection will be standard at ALL future Apple demos.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.