Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Runt of Apple's Laptop Litter Gets a Makeover

Re: Runt of Apple's Laptop Litter Gets a Makeover
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2010-05-18 14:08:03
See Full Story

Apple on Tuesday beefed up its plain vanilla MacBook with a tweaked CPU, more storage and longer battery life, among other things. However, it retained the device's $999 price point. The upgrade comes one month after Cupertino refreshed its MacBook Pro line and just weeks before its World Wide Developers Conference, to be held in San Francisco. For the upgrade, Apple tweaked the MacBook's Intel Core 2 Duo processor to deliver a clock speed of 2.4 GHz instead of 2.26 GHz as before. The new MacBook uses the Nvidia GeForce 320M instead of the GeForce 9400M.

"...guess Apple fans don't expect much"
Posted by: n7qx 2010-05-19 09:56:16 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
This is probably true because as a former Windows user I developed this odd craving for equipment that works. I realize in electronics that having a product that works and is reliable is of little consequence, but of the numerous Apple products I've owned, they have all worked and worked well. Apple prices are definitely higher, but I also tend to think you get what you pay for. Manufacturers of cheap laptops are counting on people to go for the least amount knowing that they will be buying another in a short period of time either out of equipment failure or frustration with malfunctions. Just check out the Customer No Service department at Dell if you don't think there is frustration out there.

So, as an Apple user, I guess don't expect much, but what I do expect I get and more!!

$999 for a core 2?
Posted by: jescott418 2010-05-18 14:10:04 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I have owned some Apple products, but $999 for a core 2 instead of a i3 or i5 is just not a bargain. Not even a card reader? I guess Apple fans don't expect much.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.