Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The iPad Makes It Hard to Resist the Temptation to Gloat

Re: The iPad Makes It Hard to Resist the Temptation to Gloat
Posted by: Rob Walch 2010-04-05 10:55:01
See Full Story

Not since the time of Moses has there been this much anticipation and talk about a tablet. Many would say/have said/continue to say the iPad is nothing more than a big iPod touch, and while that is true from a certain perspective those people really miss the big screen picture. When comparing the iPod touch to the iPad, the iPod touch would only be able to fit the first two commandments and maybe part of the third on its screen, whereas, the iPad could comfortably fit all 10.

GPS on iPad
Posted by: Ideasinfocus 2010-04-11 09:24:08 In reply to: Rob Walch
Rob - here's a topic I'd love to see you explore in a future article. What about people who buy the 3G version of the iPad but only to take advantage of the GPS functionality? I cringe at paying an additional wireless fee, but with iPad I only have to when I absolutely need it. When I think of using the iPad as a large screen GPS unit, the extra $130 sounds like a great deal vs. buying a Tom Tom or Garmin. I understand the maps will have to be loaded natively on the iPad vs. downloaded on the fly, and there will likely be a charge for the GPS app, but for the latter, I'd be paying for that anyway. Am I missing something here? Anyone else have this same plan?
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.