Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Get Ready for Apple to Murder the Status Quo One More Time

Re: Get Ready for Apple to Murder the Status Quo One More Time
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2010-02-16 05:41:38
See Full Story

As near as I can tell, Apple is the ultimate tech industry disrupter. In recent memory, Apple's iPhone put applications in the hands of millions of consumers, wrenched a good measure of control out of cold grip of cellular service providers, and sparked a fire of touchscreen smartphone competitors. Before the iPhone's multi-touch, sure, there were touchscreens, but the dominant pundit discourse put the need for a physical keyboard high on the list of smartphone success factors -- but it turns out you don't really need one to succeed.

exacty..
Posted by: TheFirst 2010-03-14 23:17:53 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
This is exactly why im getting into iphone/ipad app development. With the release of the ipad, apps will have more to work with, and I have some ver good ideas that me and my sister are going to put onto the app store, aimed for ipads specifically. I cant wait for the release of the ipad, even though I wont be using one past testing my apps, haha..

Give Me-A-Break
Posted by: Sine-Nomine 2010-02-17 09:30:13 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Geez, who are you Steve Jobs brother?

good points
Posted by: mw33 2010-02-16 06:20:05 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Chris - nice write up. Might also consider how the ipad could become the default touch-screen interface for a broad spectrum of tech devices that currently have poorly designed and difficult to use physical interfaces e.g. security systems, audio/stereo/recording equipment, manufacturing control systems, etc. Rather than each of these devices including their own expensive touch-interface, an interfacing application for the ipad could be written to serve the purpose.....
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.