Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: TopXNotes: A Concierge for the Constant Scrivener

Re: TopXNotes: A Concierge for the Constant Scrivener
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2010-02-01 12:10:50
See Full Story

If there's one software category that's proven it has legs, it's the personal information manager. Knowledge workers and computer jocks are bombarded with a blizzard of information every day, and they seem to never tire of programs that promise to organize it for them. TopXNotes, recently upgraded to version 1.5, is such a program. "Since Apple introduced its address book application that's built into the OS, there's not a big market for the kind of personal information managers that do contacts," said Chuck Rogers of Tropical Software.

Great app for syncing notes to my Mac
Posted by: Web_Ace 2010-06-21 00:07:37 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
I just downloaded the new 1.6 version and love it.

The 1.6 version converted all my old notes to the new version automatically in under a second. Now if only I could type that fast . . .

I used to use TopXNotes to keep all my notes in one place but now I can sync notes with my iPhone via WiFi and carry the ones I want with me.

I customized the toolbar to add the iPhone Sync button. When I tell it to sync it immediately finds my iPhone. After syncing my Mac tells me how many notes were copied in each direction.

I can instantly search all my notes on my Mac or my iPhone.

I found out it automatically backs up the last 15 changes on the iPhone. I can restore any of those straight from my iPhone.

TopXNotes can email out a note from my iPhone by just tapping on the email icon.

I've used TopXNotes on the Mac for years and have been waiting for it to come out for the iPhone.

I love it!

TopXNotes
Posted by: Web_Ace 2010-02-02 16:46:28 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
I've used TopXNotes for years yet your review pointed out uses I hadn't thought of. Thank you.

I used to keep TextEdit documents in my Documents folder but often had to hunt for the ones I wanted through a large folder. Since I've imported them all into TopXNotes I can instantly locate text inside any or all notes.

Its numerous formatting options are always right at hand, including font, size, style, text color, emphasis color (highlighting), document color, and justification. It even checks spelling as I type.

I right-clicked on the toolbar and customized it to have the functions I use most.
The ability to sort by note name, category, creation date, and modified date allows me to quickly isolate the notes I want.
I like the new striped background in the NoteOrganizer window.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.