Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: With a Tablet, Apple Treads Into Tricky Territory

Re: With a Tablet, Apple Treads Into Tricky Territory
Posted by: Jessica Mintz 2010-01-15 06:37:49
See Full Story

Apple has a knack for spotting problems we didn't know we had. It can leave us wondering how we survived without vast libraries of music and TV shows in our pockets or the comfort of knowing "there's an app for that." Now, speculation is growing that in two weeks Apple will unveil a tablet-style touchscreen computer that is bigger than an iPhone but smaller than a standard laptop. If indeed that is Apple's next move -- the company won't comment -- it would have to show us why we ought to pay for yet another Internet-connected screen.

Stock recovered, it didn't double
Posted by: macbrewer 2010-01-15 07:51:49 In reply to: Jessica Mintz
The stock merely recovered after the fall of 08. It was over $200 a share before all the banks and insurance companies had to be bailed out. Apple sales actually increased through the market crash and the recession, but it's stock merely recovered to where it was prior to the market crash. It did double in 2009, but only because of the panic in 2009 had caused a major sell off in all stocks.

They'll nail it
Posted by: StanWinstone 2010-01-15 07:10:14 In reply to: Jessica Mintz
Personally I think Apple will be ok. They have a lot more momentum than any other tablet maker going into this. Did a lot of folks really get excited about Windows 7 on HP's 'slate'? Not really.

Plus Apple will do what they did with the iPhone and give you an app store and music, TV and video etc- that makes it a lot more than just cool technology. Content will be key- here's my take: http://tastyslate.com/2010/01/15/its-the-value-added-content/
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.