Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
Digital River - Talk to the Experts
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Please Don't Let This Thing Be Named 'iSlate'

Re: Please Don't Let This Thing Be Named 'iSlate'
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2010-01-05 08:27:24
See Full Story

Over the holidays, several revelations came to light about the fabled Apple tablet computer -- which, even to this day, Apple hasn't admitted exists. The revelations: One, Apple has rented a stage at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, where the company is expected to make a big announcement on Jan. 26 or 27. Two, in a flurry of online investigations, MacRumors, courtesy of a tip from iPhone app developer Mark Gurman, reported that Apple owns the domain name "iSlate.com."

One hopes Apple's marketing team is way to smart
Posted by: GregMG451 2010-01-06 07:58:54 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Great story -- yes, iSlate is a terrible name for every reason you mention. And yes, the name does matter, also pinpointed completely. With the marketplace already hot with existing models, and Microsoft's long rumored (very long!) tablet computer with HP on the horizon, it is not going to be the introduction of the iPhone--it will be a push and shove match with some very well-designed and marketed competition.

Which is why we can assume Apple is going to make this much more than an e-book reader with an iPod Touch attached. I assume Apple will have everyone peeing in their pants standing in line for a must-have device. :-)

If this device has iWork on it, and an output for projection, it will be in the hands of every graphic designer, marketing guru, and salesman who dares to carry an Apple branded product. I hope.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.