Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Barbarians at iPhone's Gate

Re: The Barbarians at iPhone's Gate
Posted by: Katherine Noyes 2009-12-22 07:16:57
See Full Story

Apple's iPhone may be one of the most popular devices ever to hit the consumer market, but whether it can sustain that success is another question. A recent report from ComScore suggests it may be losing ground to Google's Android platform, even as upcoming mobile browser innovations call into question the future of app stores like the one for the iPhone. Consumer awareness of Google's Android is growing rapidly, ComScore found, due in large part to Verizon's Droid campaign.

Barbarians on iPad
Posted by: touchboom 2010-07-03 09:14:42 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Barbarians is a wonderful 3D Physics fun loaded game to be played on the tip of your finger. The main aim of the player here is to stand as long as possible! This is one of the most unique Tower Defense genre games which combine animated characters and amazing touch control. You have to resist the waves attacking at you by dropping on the enemies with the help of Crystal bullets, Wooden Beams and Bombs.

Oleg Borovik

No comparison
Posted by: korebreach 2009-12-22 09:39:19 In reply to: Katherine Noyes
Quote: At the end of the day, "the iPhone experience is still far more robust and mature than what the best Android devices offer," Gartenberg noted.

Having used both platforms extensively, I have to strongly disagree with this statement. Hardware spec-wise, the newer Android phone (Droid) has an edge (including a 5 megapixel camera which is much improved after the latest firmware update, as well as a real keyboard). Software-wise, the tight integration of Google offerings (while allowing for 3rd party also), makes the experience on Android much more "robust and mature" than the iPhone experience. ("Mature", in this sense does not equate to "it's been around longer". It is a reflection of how apps are integrated into the OS).

The author seems to make Android 2.0+ seem like an upstart that is getting close to the iPhone. While I think my iPhone is a great device, and very polished, the Droid that replaced it has simply outdone many of the things that drew me to smartphones in the first place.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.