Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Angry Users Rail About 27-Inch iMac Problems

Re: Angry Users Rail About 27-Inch iMac Problems
Posted by: Richard Adhikari 2009-12-14 11:23:55
See Full Story

Upwards of hundreds of users have posted negative comments about their brand-new iMac computers on the Web. The majority appear to reference problems with the displays, while a sizeable minority point to problems with the processor; some are complaints about cracked screens. Most of the reports were about problems with 27-inch iMacs. Apple Web sites show there's now a two-week delivery lead time for these PCs. This is apparently so Apple can replace the graphics card.

Thanks for the news.
Posted by: cobrapup 2009-12-17 06:19:11 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
"Posted 2009-12-14
I received my iMac 27 Core i7 as scheduled two weeks ago. It's the best desktop computer ever! What a performance! What a display! It's beautiful and simply fantastic!

Anyone who says something different is either just trying to attract traffic to his/her blog or paid by the competition to spread lies."

Thank you so much for setting things straight. I am glad you took a sample of one whole machine and declared that everyone else is spreading lies. I guess by extension since you were able to type your comments it has the best keyboard ever created by man!

Best desktop ever!
Posted by: oohmyygoood 2009-12-14 13:05:50 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
I received my iMac 27 Core i7 as scheduled two weeks ago. It's the best desktop computer ever! What a performance! What a display! It's beautiful and simply fantastic!

Anyone who says something different is either just trying to attract traffic to his/her blog or paid by the competition to spread lies.

really?
Posted by: JaylikeBird 2009-12-15 22:54:56 In reply to: oohmyygoood
Great! You like your computer. I have an Imac 24", from ancient 2008. It's dandy.

But this all-or-nothing statement accusing anyone who has a different opinion than you of being shady is a terrible, awful argument, weak on so so many levels. The best thing you personally can do to support your position, apparently, is not say anything.

Lalala I can't hear you!
Posted by: aoeu 2009-12-14 22:36:07 In reply to: oohmyygoood
Putting my fingers in my ears, yelling, and stamping my feet are my usual reaction to news I don't like, too.

G5 IMac
Posted by: FatElvis 2009-12-14 12:24:20 In reply to: Richard Adhikari
My IMac has been a headache since I purchased it. The logic board was replaced three times, two of which cost me over $1000 total. It also had the power supply replaced which they covered. The second time it was replaced the capacitors swelled and leaked 2 months out of the 90 day window. They covered the labor but I had to pick up the part for $500. Very disappointed in Mac. If you're not a new purchaser you're off their radar and they couldn't care less. I JUST picked it up from the "genius bar" after the last repair. This thing cost me $2500 brand new. Unemployed designer looking at a very dismal Christmas.

stop hitting your computer, your children, and yourself
Posted by: JaylikeBird 2009-12-15 22:56:33 In reply to: FatElvis
Apple Care seems pretty cheap, now, huh?

Merry Christmas to you too.
Posted by: cobrapup 2009-12-17 06:28:14 In reply to: JaylikeBird
Must feel good giving basically an, "I told you so," to a guy out of work at Christmas. I thought MACs were these very stable, high end pieces of equipment. Yet unless you buy there extor....uh...Apple Care you're sorta screwed.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.