Get the ECT News Network Weekly Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Goes Medieval on App Store Developer for Faking Reviews

Re: Apple Goes Medieval on App Store Developer for Faking Reviews
Posted by: Erika Morphy 2009-12-09 11:13:52
See Full Story

Apple has taken the extreme step of yanking all 1,000 apps produced by Molinker after it learned that the Chinese developer had faked glowing reviews of its apps to drive up ratings and increase its downloads. The fraud was first reported by the iPhoneography blog late last month. It was brought to iPhoneography's attention by a reader, Patrick Timney, who spotted similarities in reviews -- many of which were apparently very poorly written -- all praising apps developed by Molinker.

i like quality
Posted by: JaylikeBird 2009-12-15 22:48:24 In reply to: Erika Morphy
Well, good on Apple. Heck, i drop friends who try to plow my facebook with advertising. Now, let's hear all the complaints from greedy, useless developers who do nothing but heap up sh!t code in the internet and hope to profit from it.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.