Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple's House Rules Won't Be the Death of App Development

Re: Apple's House Rules Won't Be the Death of App Development
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2009-11-13 15:49:32
See Full Story

So Facebook developer Joe Hewitt tweets that he's ditching the super-popular Facebook iPhone app, and TechCrunch, clearly sensing there's more to the story here, reaches out to learn why. "My decision to stop iPhone development has had everything to do with Apple's policies," Hewitt told TechCrunch. "I respect their right to manage their platform however they want; however, I am philosophically opposed to the existence of their review process." He's very concerned, he said, about Apple setting a bad precedent.

Response from Storm8
Posted by: CMaxcer 2009-11-13 17:46:11 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Storm8 reached out to me after reading this column and wanted to share their perspective on the lawsuit mentioned above. The statement explains the steps the company has taken and why it thinks the lawsuit is without merit. Here's a link to the statement on Storm8's community forum: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=5849

--Chris
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.