ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: The Netbook OS Enigma

Re: The Netbook OS Enigma
Posted by: Tim Conneally 2009-11-12 10:00:47
See Full Story

On Monday, Apple rolled out the 10.6.2 update to its Snow Leopard operating system, which concentrated mostly on general bug fixes and stability issues as well as some issues in Mail, MobileMe and Safari. In all, there are more than 100 improvements, and more than 40 security-related fixes. However, the big talk today is that this update officially terminates support for Intel's Atom processor family. These low-cost, low-power processors have become the standard in many nettops, netbooks, MIDs, and ultraportables.

Apple and netbooks
Posted by: bmig2 2009-11-12 15:33:32 In reply to: Tim Conneally
Didn't Apple have a "netbook" years ago called the eMate? I know they were for educational purposes (my sister used them in her classroom), but they were ultra-portable Macs. Maybe they could be updated and released!

Win 7 on Atom (netbooks)
Posted by: akcoyote 2009-11-12 10:04:16 In reply to: Tim Conneally
Has anyone tried installing Win7 Business Edition on their Atom netbook?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.