Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Impression Arms iPhoto With a Watermark Weapon

Re: Impression Arms iPhoto With a Watermark Weapon
Posted by: John P. Mello Jr. 2009-09-05 18:34:44
See Full Story

Digital photography has made sharing photos easy -- sometimes too easy. Work posted to the Web by lens-slingers can be misappropriated with abandon by the naive as well as the nefarious. One way shutterbugs try to protect their images is by watermarking them. A watermark is a logo, legend or other sign superimposed on a photo to identify its origin. Until recently, users of iPhoto, the photo management application included with every new Apple computer, had to resort to external programs to watermark their images.

Impression doubles your photolibrary in size
Posted by: Dinky 2010-06-29 10:26:32 In reply to: John P. Mello Jr.
Watermarking is only useful when publishing your photos on public sites, like Flickr or Facebook. I don't want/need watermarks in photo's I keep in my photo library. It would make more sense to add a watermark during the export to external sites, keeping your library nice and clean. Instead Impression copies the original photo, adds a watermark, and imports it back into iPhoto, effectively doubling the size of your library. Moreover you will lose any keywords and descriptions already added to the photo. In short, the idea is OK, but it was not properly implemented.
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.