Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: MacBook Madness! Rave Reviews, Hacked Macs, 3G Thirst

Re: MacBook Madness! Rave Reviews, Hacked Macs, 3G Thirst
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2009-05-08 06:00:24
See Full Story

Lots of minor topics peppered the Apple-focused blogosphere this week, but two items stood taller than most. First off, Consumer Reports gave MacBooks of all sizes -- despite their high prices -- phenomenal ratings in almost every category in its tests of laptop computers. Secondly, built-in support for 3G wireless data services seems to be coming to MacBooks sometime soon. In other news, Mac clone maker Psystar might be cooking up its own Mac laptop, despite its ongoing litigation with Apple.

3G vs WiFi
Posted by: sixdeaftaxis 2009-05-08 06:04:29 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
>Still, "It's much easier to open your laptop and be connected >anywhere rather than looking for a WiFi hotspot," Hazelton added.

Spoken like a true urban dweller. Out here in the hinterland, I am much more likely to be able to find a WiFi hotspot than any cellular connection, never mind 3G. I can think of a dozen spots in our little town of 700 people where I can get a WiFi link, but I would have to drive 45 minutes to the nearest place where 3G works.
Jump to: