Get the E-Commerce Minute Newsletter from the E-Commerce Times » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: DirecTV App: Convenient, Intuitive, Light on Power

Re: DirecTV App: Convenient, Intuitive, Light on Power
Posted by: Paul Hartsock 2009-04-23 05:35:35
See Full Story

I don't really know how to watch regular TV anymore. It's become difficult to take in any sort of home entertainment that won't pause at my will. What if I want to grab a snack, settle a spontaneous spasm of curiosity by looking something up on the Web, or just go do something else and finish this later? Thankfully, my attention span hasn't been battered to the point at which I can't enjoy a live show or movie at a theater, but I've caught myself reaching for the remote on more than one occasion.

caution
Posted by: sherden 2009-04-23 05:37:26 In reply to: Paul Hartsock
Be careful in getting this upgrade. It will start a new contract for you and Directv isn't going to tell you that.

contract
Posted by: hartsock 2009-04-23 15:58:20 In reply to: sherden
If by "upgrade," you mean adding a DVR to a DirecTV plan that had no DVR before, you might be correct.

However, if you mean that your contract is automatically renewed if you sign up for the ability to control your existing DVR through DirecTV's online service or through this app, that doesn't seem to be accurate, at least according to DirecTV customer service. The rep I spoke to assured me that signing on for Internet DVR control does not renew one's contract, and she verified that my personal contract is still set to expire at the same time I'd expected it to.
Jump to: