Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Amazon's iPhone Reader App: Book Sale Booster or Kindle Cannibal?

See Full Story

In bringing its Kindle e-book reader to a much larger audience through the iPhone and iPod touch, Amazon.com may benefit even if the additional eyeballs don't translate into actual sales of the $359 Kindle device. Seattle-based Amazon rolled out the free program on Wednesday, bringing several Kindle functions to the Apple gadgets' smaller screens. The application can be downloaded from Apple's online application store and lets iPhone and iPod touch users read the same electronic books that Kindle owners can buy on Amazon.com.

What great news. Why such uneven reporting.
Posted by: rogerowens 2009-03-07 15:53:03 In reply to: Rachel Metz
I continue to be amazed at how many articles I read about e-book readers on the iPhone (and iPod Touch) with absolutely no mention of the eReader app supported by Fictionwise and eReader (one and the same company now, Fictionwise, Inc.). This company has been publishing e-books for years for several platforms. The eReader app has many more features than the new flash-in-the-pans, Stanza and Kindle Reader–landscape, font selection. Did you know that Fictionwise/eReader has just been purchased by Barnes and Noble? What great news! Maybe B&N will do a better job of Marketing their products. We definitely agree that more competition is a great thing.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.