Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Apple Boasts Better Speed, More Eye Candy With New Safari Beta

Re: Apple Boasts Better Speed, More Eye Candy With New Safari Beta
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2009-02-26 00:26:51
See Full Story

Apple has released a new beta version of its Safari 4 Web browser with technology that the company claims makes it the world's faster browser. Apple says it's built on a new Nitro JavaScript engine that can execute code up to 30 times faster than IE 7 and more than three times faster than Firefox 3. And what about Safari 3? The Nitro engine in Safari will run JavaScript 4.2 times faster than the previous Safari build. There's more than just a JavaScript speed boost. Safari 4 runs on both PCs and Macs, and it brings innovations from Mac OS X and even the iPhone to the browser.

still crashes on stratup
Posted by: uncletimrob 2009-02-26 01:15:09 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
OK, I used to use Safari, now use Firefox after some update or other rendered Safari useless as it crashed immediately after starting (or attempting to start) ..... yes I use a mac. The new version is no better, even after deleting the old version deleting prefs, zapping p-ram etc etc. 1/10 for effort Apple, I'll stick with Firefox. After all what exactly does 4 times faster mean when Firefox doesn't seem to be slow?
Jump to:
Which best describes what you think about requiring Covid-19 "vaccine passports?"
It will prompt more people to take the vaccine to help end the virus.
It will lessen restrictions and provide more freedom for individuals.
It is a violation of privacy and civil liberties.
It will lead to stigma and discrimination.
It will encourage counterfeits and other criminal activities.