Get the ECT News Network Editor's Pick Newsletter » View Sample | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Suing Over Jobs' Health Disclosures - or Lack Thereof

Re: Suing Over Jobs' Health Disclosures - or Lack Thereof
Posted by: Gina Keating 2009-01-17 13:10:03
See Full Story

Apple probably will be sued by investors unhappy with the company's about-face on the health of its visionary chief executive, but the law is not clear on what duty the company has to disclose personal medical information, legal experts said on Wednesday. Apple said CEO Steve Jobs, 53, will take a medical leave of absence until June. The announcement that comes just nine days after the pancreatic cancer survivor downplayed investor concerns about his dramatic weight loss in recent months, saying it was caused by an easily treatable hormone imbalance.

Suing over Job's Health Disclosures - or Lack Thereof
Posted by: anonemouse70 2009-01-19 02:50:13 In reply to: Gina Keating
If you can sue Apple for non-disclosure about the health of one of its board members then can you also sue all the banks for non disclosure of bad debts that caused the credit crunch? Following the logic of the land of the litigious and home of the free a person working for General Motors can sue a bank as they caused the credit crunch, global downturn and made GM lay off workers. or should they sue the financial regulators (i.e the Government) as they allowed the banks to trade in the way they did? If you invest in the stock market you are a gambler, same as betting on a horse race. You can dress it up with economic jargon but a gamble is a gamble pure and simple.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.