Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Dream Homes: Mac Apps for Architectural and Interior Design

Re: Dream Homes: Mac Apps for Architectural and Interior Design
Posted by: Vivian Wagner 2008-12-23 05:13:09
See Full Story

A wall here, a door there. A sunroom stretching out from the back of the house, just so. Recessed lighting in the kitchen. A custom-designed fireplace in the living room. And outside, a deck, a curving walkway, and a strategic planting of a few yews and Japanese maples. If playing with such details of home, interior and landscape design sounds like a good time to you, you're not alone. Mac users with an urge to design have plenty of programs, both beginning and advanced, from which to choose.

Posted by: BruceMonge 2014-03-12 08:25:04 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I have done great looking renderings using Vizterra very easy to use 3D landscape design software and produces wonderful 3D visualizations. Check it out here http://www.structurestudios.com/website/software/vizterra/

Posted by: WesGardner 2008-12-24 11:09:09 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
As a long-time user of Vectorworks and current employee of NNA, I’ve designed thousands of square feet of commercial space as well as many custom homes – including my own.

In speaking with users throughout the country, it’s the software’s ability to easily create graphics that make their plans, sections and elevations “pop” as well as the stunning rendering capability that make client presentation a treat that they feel gives them a competitive advantage.

I’m biased, but then again, I wouldn’t work at this company if I didn’t love the product. I find our design software offers many of the features of the “library-based, drag and drop” programs as well as the ability to design and model anything you can imagine. If you have any questions about the software I might be able to answer for you, email me: wgardner (at) vectorworks.net.

You Forgot Sketchup 3D & 3D Pro
Posted by: muthir1 2008-12-23 05:19:45 In reply to: Vivian Wagner
I used sketchup 3D Pro to design my home in 3D the results mimicked the reality after building it almost exactly. The program was very easy to use (Learnt it while I was designing my House) I still use the 3D Model as a reference to review any changes before I actually make them.
Jump to:
Which Big Tech CEO that testified at the Congressional Antitrust Hearing on July 29 is the most trustworthy?
Jeff Bezos of Amazon
Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook
Sundar Pichai of Google
Tim Cook of Apple
All of them are equally trustworthy to some extent.
None of them are trustworthy whatsoever.