Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: Desperately Seeking Better iPhone Accessories

Re: Desperately Seeking Better iPhone Accessories
Posted by: Ted Landau 2008-05-14 09:36:23
See Full Story

At the end of this column, you'll find my opinions on two relatively new iPhone-compatible headsets from Etymotic Research. But I intend to take the scenic route to get there, a route that takes us by some relevant and more general background information. Beginning July 1, 2008, California -- where I live -- will join the ranks of those states where it is illegal to use a wireless phone while driving unless you do it "hands-free." Actually, if you are under 18 years of age, the new law is even more restrictive.

Bluetooth Headset for iPhone
Posted by: bhaines2 2008-05-14 09:48:12 In reply to: Ted Landau
Ted,

I highly recommend the BlueAnt Z9 from www.blueantwireless.com.

I have found it ergonomically unobtrusive, simple to use, its quality better than wired headsets I've used in the past, and its noise cancellation excellent. Since I typically just use it with my iPhone while driving, I usually go a couple of weeks before recharging it. The only challenge is, as you suggest, remembering the key sequences for manipulating the device. I paid about $120 for the unit several months ago. Have you compared this unit to the best of the other brands?
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.