Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: New MacBook vs. First-Gen MacBook: What's the Dif?

Re: New MacBook vs. First-Gen MacBook: What's the Dif?
Posted by: Chris Maxcer 2008-03-13 08:13:08
See Full Story

Apple's refresh of its MacBook laptop is just that -- a refresh -- and yet, expectations for any new Apple technology run high. Is it much faster than previous generations? Is it a much better buy? Does it include any new software? If a customer already owns a MacBook, is a new MacBook worth buying? Previously, I owned a Titanium PowerBook, followed by an iBook G4, which I replaced with a first-generation MacBook. In all three instances, each new acquisition resulted in a major upgrade experience.

Re: New MacBook vs. First-Gen MacBook: What's the Dif?
Posted by: graphicsking3 2008-03-15 09:02:51 In reply to: Chris Maxcer
Once again, Apple has stiffed its customers. They have a choice in graphics that wouldnt cost them a dime more. They could go with an ATI or Nvidia chipset, but Apple doesn't care and neither does Intel. Don't believe me? Check out these links.
BusinessWeek: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_33/b4046022.htm Basically shows that Intel cannot even play the Sims 2 correctly.
YouTube showing Intel's game peformance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd0Of4PnpQk This shows that even on Intel's latest G33, it cannot play recent games correctly.
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.