Explore Newsletters from ECT News Network » View Samples | Subscribe
Welcome Guest | Sign In
ECTNews.com
E-Commerce Times TechNewsWorld CRM Buyer LinuxInsider
Discussions

MacNewsWorld Talkback

ECT News Community   »   MacNewsWorld Talkback   »   Re: 100,000 SDK Downloads Foretell Glut of iPhone Apps

Re: 100,000 SDK Downloads Foretell Glut of iPhone Apps
Posted by: Jim Offner 2008-03-12 19:22:07
See Full Story

Three months ahead of its official launch, the test version of iPhone's Software Development Kit is luring developers by the thousands -- tens of thousands, actually. More than 100,000 developers downloaded the beta version of the iPhone 2.0 software, which bears the enterprise-supporting SDK, in the first four days it was available, Apple said Wednesday. Reaction to the launch has been "incredible," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide product marketing.

Re: 100,000 SDK Downloads Foretell Glut of iPhone Apps
Posted by: NickDalton 2008-03-13 00:24:36 In reply to: Jim Offner
The interest from companies in developing native iPhone apps is staggering. Iím fielding several inquiries per day from companies who want real apps built today. To help developers and projects find each other Iíve created a community called iPhoneIncubator.com. Post your resume or project.
Nick Dalton
Author of 101 iPhone Tips & Tricks
Jump to:
If my employer requires me to return to the company's office full-time to perform my job, I will...
Agree, because I like my job regardless of where I perform my duties.
Comply, because I can't afford to lose my current job.
Go with the flow, but start looking for different employment.
Resign immediately, so I can dedicate all of my time to find a job that better suits my needs.
Try to negotiate a hybrid work from home / work in office arrangement with my employer.